Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daisies Again

I love daisies. They are by far my favourite flower. They're simple, inexpensive to purchase, whimsical, and fun. Oh, and they smell pretty and photograph nicely. They are also the subject of tonight's painting.

I used the gel medium on a 3x5 board to make a purple and pink background complete with lots of bumpy texture. Then reversed the daisy image in to show the mix of solid colour and/or white of the underlayer. Much like the Fire Flowers and Burning Blossoms... only smaller. I think I like the larger canvasses better, but that may be my personal preference for warm colours. Anyway... it's little and fun.

I should probably mention that the prices posted for the paintings are merely suggested prices. If you want to discuss it with me, feel free. They'll go down if we auction the paintings off later in the year... but if you want one for sure then it's higher. Kind of like the "Buy it now" option on Ebay. :) My email again: jcope18@yahoo.com or you can leave a comment anywhere on the blog and I'll know it pretty much right away.

Ok... I'm off to bed... good night!!

1 comment:

  1. I love daisies too, Jo, I don't have any in the garden, strangely enough. Daisies were like the first flower you were exposed to as a kid (dandelions don't count, they're weeds. :). Remember pulling them apart? "HE loves me, he love me NOT!" etc... And remember we'd take the centre yellow part, tear it up, put it in your hand, close your eyes and blow on it and the remaining yellow bits were counted to see how many children you'd have? Such a wondeful flower.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog