Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

SUN! Beautiful, Wonderful Sun!!

I enjoyed it while it was here, though I fear we're back to that wet drizzly stuff tomorrow. Ah Spring... at least my grass is green and the trees and hedges are sprouting leaves. But... plants need sun to grow as well... so let's keep it around longer than 12 hours ok?

In other news... my son, who has had a fever for the past two days, complained today about his ear hurting. Off we went to the walk in (would have probably gone tomorrow anyway if he still had a temperature) and sure enough, he has an ear infection. Poor kiddo... apparently I had them every other week when I was little. So, he was Mr. Cranky Pants at times, snuggly at times, a discombobulated young man who, freakishly for him wanted to go to bed and "have a rest" rather than eat his favourite lunch of peanut butter & jam. Wow. When he declines PB&J in favour of sleep you know he's sick! We have meds now, so in about ten days he should be good to go. No swimming this week though. My little girl is fine... still coughing a bit, but otherwise ok. I swear between the two of them they've been sick non-stop since Christmas! Whenever it starts to get to me though, I try to remember that it's just a cold, or a minor infection... it could be worse, and it is worse for some. So, I focus on the positives and remember that overall, we're good. :)

Ok, on to painting... now that I've spilled my personal life out there... tonight I did a 3x5 board entirely without brushes. I have been thinking about fingerpainting a canvas for awhile and tonight I thought I'd give it a go. I painted it all white first, then dabbed on some blue and yellow and just set to smushing. Eventually it got a bit of shape... but not much really. I tried to keep some areas blue or yellow, and others green... then I got into some circular shapes. It's a bit unfocussed really... more of an experiment. In hindsight, a larger canvas might work better... and maybe not a white background. We'll see... I'll probably give it another whirl later on.

I hope all you fellow Nova Scotians enjoyed the brief respite from the wet stuff (apparently "rain" is a four letter word). Keep in mind... it's only water and we do not have to shovel it! I remember once in university, I was walking through Waterloo Park and it was pouring. I, as usual, did not have an umbrella or any appropriate rain gear at all. I did, however, have the attitude that once I had resigned myself to getting wet (since it really wasn't avoidable) that it wasn't so bad after all. So, I had a big smile on my face... much to the surprise of the gentleman who passed me by, all hunched into his raincoat and umbrella. He commented on my smile and I figured I'd share my rain philosophy. I do believe he started to smile as well. So... next time you're caught in the rain (oops, that word again) go jump in a puddle and enjoy it! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog