Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Candle Needs Six Ends

Have you ever heard the expression "burning a candle at both ends"? Yeah, that's kind of how I've been feeling lately. I'm definitely the sort of person who takes on an inhuman amount of tasks, projects & activities, then wonders why I'm so tired all the time. Ah well... you only live once! Today, my eyes just would not stay open. First my baby girl decided to wake up early and refused to go back to sleep until just before our usual wake up time... then my son wanted a snuggle... and I pretty much fell asleep again. So, a delayed start to our day, much thanks to my little guy for letting me snooze a bit longer! Then, while the kids were having nap/quiet time I pretty much conked out on the couch. Just could not keep those eyes open a minute longer. My sweetie quietly went upstairs to do some computer work and let me sleep. He's a great guy! Now... it's eleven pm and I'm finally blogging before bed. On the plus side, I did have a good day with the kids, my wonderful honey was home just after lunchtime, and we made a quick trip out to get some stuff for our road trip this summer. So... all in all, it was a good day!

Ok... my babbling is back under control... tonight's painting is a 5x7 board, and after staring blankly at it for awhile Chris suggested some kind of a clock. Probably since we noticed a funky tire clock in the automotive section at Canadian Tire today. So... that's what I did. It's Dali-inspired, sort of, with stars, and no numbers of any obvious kind... well, I called it "Time & Space" and when you see the picture on Friday that will make more sense. Chris really likes it and I think it turned out pretty well too. :) Always nice when you like your own art... but better when someone else does too.

We're getting closer to 3000... I'm hoping that we make it there before picture day... ok, I'm obsessed with the numbers, it's true. But I can't help feeling like more people are reading and being affected by the idea that we can do something to make the world a better place for others (and ourselves) and it doesn't have to be some grand gesture... or cost a whole lot... it just has to be from the heart and mean something to you. I hope we can all try to make someone's day better tomorrow... it really doesn't take much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog