Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mid-May!

Ok... is it really the middle of May already?? Time is just flying by. I looked at the calendar today and realized I'm currently working on week 20 of the project. Week Twenty! If this were a pregnancy I'd be going for an ultrasound. (That was one of the highlights of pregnancy for me) So, by Friday I'll have 140 paintings done. No, they're not all masterpieces... in fact, probably none of them are... but I like the majority of them so I'm feeling pretty good about it all. :)

Tonight's painting is called "Eclipse", it's a 5x5 canvas using black, white and red paint. Hard to explain since it's all weird and abstract-y... but I like the way the paint swirls into each other and blends a bit here and there. It's a neat effect and part of why I like paint so much.

A little personal tidbit... my son is reading! Really reading... some word recognition and some sounding things out. He doesn't get everything right (English is a very bizarre language in some ways) but he's trying and he's really getting it. I am so ridiculously proud of him. I keep telling him how reading opens the whole world up to him and I'm thrilled that he's so into his books. All day long he asks for stories, and half the time, if he's quiet, it's because he's sitting on the couch with a book on his lap paging through it. He doesn't nap all the time, and usually those times there are three or more books neatly at the foot of his bed. It's amazing and wonderful and I hope all parents out there read to their kids. It's such a great life skill... and it's great for self-entertainment. Maybe next time I do a project for a cause I'll find a literacy group to support. Hug a friend and read a book. :)

Well... until tomorrow... I'm off to bed (where I will be reading for a bit to wind down). Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog