Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

All Caught Up

Phew... that feels better. I finished last night's painting and did one for tonight. I even, in a burst of productivity, did one ahead of time for while we're on our trip. Whee!

So, last night's painting is now done, it's a 4x12 stretched canvas, and it's called "Ink". Chris, once again, helped out with the title. It's white, black and red, and he said it reminded him of ink running down. So, there you go... I had a bunch of different ideas of what it made me think of, but nothing titular came to mind so we went with "Ink".

Tonight's painting, and the one ahead of time, are kind of a set. Obviously they can be sold separately, but they are almost identical. I did owls. I have wanted to try to paint some owls in a tree for weeks and weeks but just never had a good mental picture. Tonight I went with clean and simple. Oh, and I used my thumbprint for all but one of the owls. The littlest one is my index finger. So, I guess if you want to try framing me for something you should buy this painting. :) Tonight's painting is called "What A Hoot" and the one for later is "Night Owls". At least I make myself smile... I'm sure there are people out there groaning right now.

In other news, my gnomes have not come home and I doubt that they ever will. This makes me sad... but life goes on. Maybe, just maybe, they are magic and did get up and walk away on their own. Send a postcard! We got some more planting done in the backyard and the generosity of our neighbours continues to amaze me. Not only does Mike mow our lawn from time to time, but when Chris returned the garden rake I borrowed Patricia gave him some plant cuttings for our garden. Daisies!! They are very lovely people and I can't tell you how lucky we are on this street. Great people live all around us and we enjoy chatting and spending time with them all. The kids are great, my daughter has a tooth (can't remember if I already mentioned that though I probably did) and my son is on the mend. No more medication and he is having less tantrums so that is good news too. Now if only I could manage to get to the gym, eat less chocolate, and get to bed before eleven... can't win 'em all. :)

I want to encourage everyone to do something neighbourly this week. Get to know the people who live around you... if you don't already. Community is important and I think too often it's easy to lose sight of that. I'm a pretty friendly person and I really like chatting with neighbours because that's how they become friends. So, get out there and chat... the summer is fast approaching and it's a great time to be outside with friends and family. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog