Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Late Start Tonight

Tonight I got off to a very late start... went to the gym for my usual class (love it!) and then picked up a few groceries on the way home. Then Chris and I got into a longish discussion about our son and his recent behaviour. Seems we disagree a bit on how to approach trying to change it. I'm sure lots of parents out there disagree from time to time about how to discipline their children. There are always new articles, passed along advice, various methods and so on. It's hard to know what is "right" or even if there is a "right" way. Plus... every kid is different! In general today was better than yesterday... less outbursts.. but there were a couple of scuffles. He just ramps himself right up to hysteria and it's hard to calm him down not to mention stay calm ourselves! I know this is totally off the painting topic, but it's a huge part of my life right now and it's impacting my project a little too. If anyone has a tip please feel free to pass it along. No promises that I'll agree with you, but it's nice to hear that others go through this too and with luck it will pass. I'm not even sure it doesn't have to do with his ear infection. Once before he got sick and his behaviour changed quite a bit until he felt better. Maybe we'll be lucky and it'll pass once he's all healthy again. Here's hoping.

Anyway... due to this discussion I didn't start painting until just after 10pm. It's now after 11 and I'm quite tired. I chose a very small canvas, a 3x5 board for tonight in hopes that whatever happens will be completed before midnight! I called it "Chocoholics Anonymous" partly because it looks like chocolate, there's a subtle-ish heart shape worked in, and partly because I'm so the emotional eater type. I have a hard day and I always want to reach for chocolate. Trying to curb the impulse... but some days get the better of me. I need to find more homes for the fudge that's in my kitchen! Any takers? I'll even mail it to you... maybe the new reader in New Zealand? Welcome by the way. :)

So, yeah... it's a bit of a bumpy ride these days but we will get through it. I like having this project to ground me a little. No matter how bad I think it's getting I  know that somewhere out there someone else is having a really hard time. If I can stop and focus on the positives of my life (and there are many) then I can rearrange my perspective and be happy. Oh, and put down the chocolate. :) One of the positives is that together we can support the Children's Wish Foundation and help a lot of kids out there. Let's make life a little better for these kids and for each other.

I'd best be off... must stop rambling on at any rate. Good night around the world. Thanks for reading and for sharing this blog with your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog