Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Busy Day!

Well, what a day... usually Saturdays are for catching up on house stuff, running errands, and getting some family time in. Today we went out to a friend's yard sale (she's moving away), followed by a quick lunch at home and then nap time (which wasn't overly successful). Then we packed up the family and headed for the pool for a swim. Getting to the pool and into the pool is not that hard really... but out of it again? Trying to get dry and changed while juggling stuff and wet kids is tricky. I thought we had a pretty good system... but Chris thought we had a different plan... well, combine a misunderstanding and a cranky, unslept toddler and you have a less than good ending to an outing. Well, everyone emerged dry and dressed and we headed for home. Oh, as a bonus, my daughter and I popped into the library and picked up a few books at their sale. Yay! Home for supper, some playtime, and then the kids were popped into bed a little early. Clean up the kitchen, water the new plants, tidy up a bit, prep some stuff for tomorrow (no I won't be sleeping in) and then downstairs for some painting. How is it already quarter to ten?? The day goes by so fast. But... even with all the ups and downs, I have to say I'm in a great mood and have two wonderful kids. On this eve of Mother's Day I think I'm incredibly lucky. Did I say incredibly?? Consider it an understatement of epic proportions. :)

So... tonight's painting is a 4x5 stretched canvas and it's a tree (yup, another one). I called it Spring Sunset because there aren't any leaves on the tree yet, but the grass is green (like our front lawn), and the air looks to be warming up even as the sun sets. I think it looks like warm summer days to come.

Oh, and the other big accomplishment of the day is I finished the catalogue of paintings for January - April. It will be updated when paintings get reserved and/or sold, so if you have a favourite let me know! A link to the catalogue can be found on the right-hand side of the page below links to the two galleries of paintings. Hope you find it helpful!

And now... to bed... or Mother's Day will find me awake and at the computer. :) Good night! Hug a mom tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog