Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Six Years!

Today is my sixth wedding anniversary! Sometimes it amazes me how fast time flies by. Thanks to Chris for being ever wonderful and supportive... even if he doesn't read my blog that often. :) I guess with a front row seat he doesn't miss much!

We're still having some ups and big huge downs with our son's temper. I wonder, is this typical of all three year olds? Or are we doing something wrong??? We had a better ratio of Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde today... but the day ended with a massive meltdown. Sigh. I think that may have translated a little into tonight's painting.

Ok. A lot.

I did a 4x5 canvas and called it "Toxicity". I wasn't feeling particularly happy at the time of painting it... but it was a bit cathartic and I feel better now. It's sort of a mix of colours that matched my mood, combined with some texture-ish brushstrokes and topped off with a fine blue spatter. The title comes from the bright green that's mixed in with it. Sort of a toxic green. Or something. Anyway... I liked the end result and I think it's interesting. So... there you are. Art as therapy. :)

Have a good day tomorrow if you're lucky enough (like us) to have it off. Yay for British Queens and their birthdays. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog