Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2011

You Spin Me Right 'Round

Like a record player... or like a canvas on a record player! I thought, why not? I'll do a few more paintings on the turntable just to shake it up a bit. I don't know if I'll do all seven days on the turntable, but I might. Who knows?

Tonight I painted with a mixture of acrylic paint and the gel medium stuff that is supposed to add glossiness and help making texture. So, we'll see how it turns out. I called it "Beach" because it's mostly sand colour with some turquoise water swirled in.

I also decided to prep tomorrow's painting with the gel medium. I painted it one to create texture, and when it's dry tomorrow I'll use the turntable again over top to see what happens. This is all about experimenting.. so I have no idea what will happen! That's part of the fun. :)

These two paintings are 5x5... the same size canvas as the first batch of turntable paintings. I believe they were in January so feel free to check them out too if you like.

I'm going to attempt a semi-early night. My plans for the evening changed partly due to a friend's recovery from surgery, and partly from my own wimpiness at going out alone. Also, about an hour before she called to let me know she wasn't up to it after all, I had the thought... hmm... if I go tonight to Hafla, when on earth will I paint?? So, in part it was a bad thing... missed all my bellydancing friends... but I did get to make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies (best recipe ever) and had time to paint without rushing or falling asleep in my palette! Really will have to plan better in the future if I want to leave the house after dinner! Anyway... almost to 2000 views... here's hoping we'll crack that by the end of the weekend. :) Happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog