Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ugh. So Indecisive Tonight.

Well, today was an interesting day... full of learning about political party platforms such as they are, and trying to identify which party fits my values and ideals best. I think I have a clear winner, so that's at least one area where I can make a decision.

As for painting... yeesh! I started with an idea to do a reverse painting on a 4x5 stretched canvas with purple and blues. I started, liked the background I made, but thought it was a bit too much like a few others I've done. So, I started a painting of a flower in reverse. I hated it. Starting over... then I did a fairy in flight... but it was too high up and looked awkward... starting over again. I changed the background to make it smoother, thinking perhaps this was part of the problem... then I did two koi fish swimming in a typical Pisces pattern and called it "Twins".

I'm still not sure I love it... but the underlying colours in the fish are interesting. Tonight was tough! I wonder if my day influenced my evening of painting... or if it was partly due to starting at 9:30 after doing a lot of living room shuffling. We've done some furniture moving and redecorating to accommodate a mobile baby and a little boy who needs some more of his own space. I think it ended up quite well, but whenever I start a painting late it does tend to suffer a little.

I prepped a drawing for tomorrow night... a fairy sitting on a toadstool... hope I get to start a whole lot earlier!

Anyway... I do sincerely hope everyone in Canada votes in the upcoming federal election. I won't go pushing my values on anyone, but I do think it's very worth getting as much information as you can and voting accordingly. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog