Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 100!

One Hundred.

Just saying that is pretty incredible. 100 days and 100 paintings. Definitely more painting than I have ever done in my life! Ok, so I'm pretty impressed with myself. :)

To be honest, I did more than one painting tonight. I did three. While out shopping this afternoon (we were early for a birthday party and the Value Village was next door... can't resist a good thrift store) and along with several frames for the boards,  I saw a neat box with a vine and star design on it. I snapped a pic with my phone and used it as inspiration for three paintings. They're 4x6 boards and will likely go in the picture frames for ease in hanging. So, yay for productivity.

The reason behind the multiple painting night, which is an anomaly, is that this week I will be attending my grandmother's funeral. She died last night. So... I will be away for a few days and I decided to paint ahead to cover my absence. I won't say much more on that as I'm still, understandably, quite upset even though it wasn't entirely unexpected.

Ok... distraction time again...

Call your loved ones. Tell them you love them. Share a fun moment of your day with a friend. Just extend yourself outside of your immediate world and connect with someone... even if it's a stranger. All of your friends were, at one point, strangers to you. You  never know what will happen if you just try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog