Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Experimenting Again

Hello all! Today was a very long day in my world. Longer than usual for sure! I shouldn't feel too put upon because, really, I have it very good. I sometimes wonder how on earth single parents do it! Today was pretty exhausting and I only had one extra kid in the house, my husband got home around lunchtime, and even though he went out tutoring over the dinner and bedtime routine it wasn't much more difficult than lunch/naptime usually is. So... why am I so tired??

And much more importantly... congratulations to the people who do it all on their own every single day! I called my friend and left her a message basically saying she's amazing. She has three kids and is expecting a fourth... and she takes care of other people's kids! How she stays organized and sane is completely beyond me! My two alone are sometimes more than my patience level can handle. I guess it's just me!

Anyway... by the time I got to my painting tonight (9:30pm) I was pretty spent. I was going to do an 8x10 of a fairy that I drew out this morning... but when it came down to it I was pretty sure I didn't want to be up that late... and I really didn't want to make a mess of it. So, I thought I'd try the background tonight, paint another painting, and then I'll finish up the fairy tomorrow night. I wanted to try a combination of watercolour and acrylics, so I did the background in watercolour and used a tissue to  lift some of the paint in hopes of creating an ethereal look. I think it turned out rather well... now we'll see how it goes adding acrylics overtop!

Tonight's actual painting is called "Ocean Sunset" and is quite abstract really. It has vertical portions and horizontal portions, and is suggestive of a sunset over water. I like the way it turned out and even though it's not super detailed or extravagant in the design I think I got out the feeling in my head of looking at warmth on cool water. Oh listen to me... it must be getting late!

Welcome back to the UK and Singapore... nice to see people visiting again. :) Hoping everyone is spreading the link around to all corners of the Earth. :) Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog