Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

What a Day!

Ok, so today is my husband's birthday... I won't say how old he is, but I will say he's taken two more trips around the sun than I have. :) Anyway... my son and I baked a cake for him this morning and we ate it at lunch instead of dinner because he and I went on a date... to a film screening that a friend's film was in. So, I admit to hijacking a little of his birthday plans... but hey, I made him a super awesome two-tiered chocolate fudge cake with smarties decorations. I give it about four days in this house. So, happy birthday to my wonderful, amazing, supportive husband who lets me take over our basement, bugs him for ideas and name suggestions, stays up late while I write my blog (although when he does fall asleep reading it is very cute)... and overall, my bestest friend. There's so much to him that I'd love to go on about, but this is supposed to be about the painting so I'll leave off the love-fest here. :)

Did my painting earlier today... as I said yesterday I used the gel medium to try for a texture thingy. My idea was to combine the texture and the reverse-painting idea. I did it in one colour though... it might sound boring, but it's kinda cool since the reverse spiral from the turntable is pretty tight, and the texture raises up the paint left behind. It made me think of ice and glacier water... so I called it "Arctic Circle". Maybe tomorrow I'll try to take it another step further and get a more varied underlayer of colour. We'll see... it's also picture day tomorrow so that'll be exciting. I think I'll link the first turntable series to tomorrow's post as well so you can have a flash back comparison option.

That's it for me... it's technically Friday by my clock and it's so totally time for bed! Here's to growing wiser, not older, and together, not apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog