Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Election 2011

Ok... so I caved and did a small painting in tribute to our upcoming election. It's a 4x6 board and is a stylized version of the Canadian flag with the colours of the five main political parties. For those of you who are unaware, they are the Conservatives (who currently hold the power, albeit a minority gov't), the Liberals, the New Democratic Party, the Green Party, and the Bloc Quebecois. Dark Blue, Red, Orange, Green, and Light Blue respectively. Now I'm not going to discuss much of my own views because politics is so volatile a topic, and there's a lot of political talk floating around Facebook and the rest of the media so I don't think I need to add my two cents. Well, at least not out loud. I think the painting pretty much spells out how I feel. More or less anyway.

One of the biggest things I want to say about the election is that it is crucial that everyone who is legally able to vote gets themselves to a polling station and exercises their right to have a say about their country. Vote!! Apathy is no way to enact change on any level. Also... if you don't vote, don't you dare complain if things don't turn out the way you want them to. Here's to Canadians saying what kind of Canada they want. Vote early, or vote on Monday... just VOTE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog