Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hello Iran!

Wow... someone is reading in Iran! That's so wonderful... welcome to my blog! Every time I see another country lit up on the world map it makes me smile. A lot. I think my husband may wonder if I'm too excited... but it's just such an amazing concept that somewhere in the world someone I don't know is reading what I've written and looked at my painting. Sometimes I think technology is hurting society a bit, but then I think of this situation and think that really, the internet is pretty cool. :)

Tonight I did a painting on the turntable... it's another 5x5 and I've called it "Deep Purple". It's a dark purple background, done on the wheel, with two lighter purples over, two light blues, and a sandstone. It's not quite the same as the purple painting  in the first turntable series. I kept this one a bit sparser with wider bands, and I let more of the dark purple background come through. I called it Deep Purple, in part because it's a dark purple colour, and in part because looking at it make me think of depth, and I think it's the bands of darker purple that give that impression. Anyway, I like it and I think it turned out pretty well. I didn't use the gel medium on it though... maybe I'll try that tomorrow. :)

In other news... I'm going to go for a neck x-ray this week. Over the past few weeks I've noticed some numbness in some of my fingertips on both hands. Plus, the skin is looking a little weird. Not normal for sure. So I mentioned it to my doctor today and she was a bit concerned. I hurt my neck awhile back and although it feels fine now it was sore for quite awhile. She said that sometimes side effects from that kind of injury don't show up until months later. So... hopefully it's nothing, it'll get fixed really quick, and my hands will return to normal soon. It's not really interfering in my day to day life, so that's quite lucky... but it is annoying and a little creepy. I usually have to be careful not to overreact to health type issues... yup, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac... so it'll probably amount to nothing. At least, I hope so! Will keep you all posted. :) Let's hope it doesn't get worse or affect my painting routine. I'm absolutely dedicated to doing one painting a day for the whole year. Well, with the exception of our trip... but I'm planning to make up the deficit around then anyway. :)

Hope everyone here in Canada and all around the world is having a good day today. Think of something nice to say to someone you know you'll be seeing tomorrow. It'll make you both feel good. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog