Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pictures Pictures Pictures!! Week 17

Almost a whole third of the way through the year! I now have four boxes of carefully cataloged paintings in my basement... I finally ran out of shelf space and creative stacking options. So... wow.

Oh, and in other, relatively interesting news (just kidding) Prince William got married today to his long-time sweetheart Kate Middleton. I declined to get up hours early to try to watch it on my computer... and as it turned out, I wouldn't have been able to anyway as my wireless router decided to stop working overnight. Chris figured out how to get us some internet and we can get the router replaced at the store (yay). So... even if I had gotten up at 4am to watch the nuptials, I wouldn't have been able to do it anyway. Sleep wins. I did, however, watch the highlights as soon as it was possible. Yup, got a little teary watching the happy couple.

I suppose it might have been appropriate to do a Will & Kate inspired painting this evening... but it didn't even cross my mind. Weird. Instead, I did a watercolour/acrylic painting of "Pussywillows" that was inspired by a couple of photos I took on our recent nature walk with the kids. They are so soft! Bizarre name... but quite pretty. Anyway... I did a watercolour background and acrylic for the pussywillows. It was an attempt to make it resemble the macro photography effect. Mixed results though. Anyway...

Here are this week's paintings and links... and sometime this weekend I will do up a March/April gallery to go with January/February. Then you'll be able to see all the paintings quickly and easily. Fun!

So congrats to the happy couple... and enjoy the week's work. :)

April 23 - Fairy, Interrupted

April 24 - Happy Easter

April 25 - Tail Feathers

April 26 - Election 2011

April 27 - Starry Fern

April 28 - Spring Buds
April 29 - Pussywillows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog