Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

100th Post, 96th Painting

One hundred posts... and ninety-six paintings... in ninety-six days. Take that self-doubt! I will probably be one of the first to admit that I had some doubts about my ability to fully see this project through. I am notorious for dreaming up cool ideas (at least I think they're cool) and then sort of never doing anything about them. This time though... well, I wasn't going to let this slide. So, here I am... April 6th and I'm still right on track. I've heard that it takes 21 days of doing something before it becomes a habit. Ha! I'm that more than four times over... guess it's a habit now. What'll happen on January 1st of next year?? I'll just have to dream up another project... Ok, so I've already started thinking about one... but it's way on the backburner for now. Painting comes first!

Tonight's painting is a mixture of browns and a sandstone...  yup, done on the wheel. I really like it. It makes me think of chocolate truffle thingies... and it made Chris think of coffee and cream when you swirl your spoon around in the cup. So, it's called "Coffee Swirl". It's his birthday tomorrow so I guess I'll let him name one or two paintings. You know, just to be nice. :) Oh, I didn't use the gel medium tonight either, but I will be trying it out tomorrow. I have a thought. Don't know how well it'll work, but we will just have to wait and see. I'm loving the experimental aspect of the project. :)

Well, I'm off to bed... one of these days I'll start writing painting ideas down in a notebook. Have been saying that since the start and have yet to actually do it. See? No follow-through! Oh well, you win some and you lose some. It's the smile on your face no matter what the outcome is that counts. Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog