Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Easter Bunny Cometh

The baskets are stuffed, the eggs are hidden, we even have an Easter Bunny cottage made out of a huge cardboard box and construction paper in the living room... we are SO ready for Easter! Apologies to those who celebrate from a religious perspective, but we are chocolate bunny people this weekend. :)

It's a good thing I had the fairy painting mostly finished or I'd be up a whole lot later tonight what with all the prep we had to do. I'm so excited for both the painting, and the celebrations. I think the kids are going to love the Bunny Magic! Seeing their smiles and knowing how exciting and special it's going to be is worth a late night or two. It's kind of how I feel about this project... we get to help grant some wishes. That's worth a little less sleep for sure!

So tonight's painting is called "Fairy, Interrupted" because it looks like she heard a noise in the bushes behind her and turned to see who was there. I almost called it Who's There but went with Fairy, Interrupted instead. Makes you wonder what she was up to. Magic? Mischief? Just thinking? Anything is possible. I believe it's a 5x7 canvas board... for those of you who have kindly pointed out that if people want to reserve paintings it would probably help to know their sizes. :)

On that note... over the next few days I hope to upload the March gallery and also update all of them to include their sizes and whether or not their stretched canvas or canvas board. I have four on reserve so far... so I will update the blog. Hopefully tomorrow, but we will have to see what time allows!

Happy Easter to you no matter how, or if, you celebrate! I'll be thinking of the World's Largest Pysanka I saw years ago in Vegreville, AB while on a road trip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog