Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

Fairy of Sunshine

So I did another fairy today... it's supposed to be a little girl fairy, but I don't know if it came out that clearly without the facial expression. Anyway, I called her "Sunshine" because she's sort of hovering, has an orange and yellow dress and orange and yellow wings, and a handful of daisies. I really like her. :)

I've been thinking of doing some more political type art since we have the election coming up... but it seems so volatile a topic I'm not sure I want to go there. I don't know if it's due to the social media being used in this election, or that I'm getting older and perhaps more aware... but it seems like this particular election is more important than the last few. Everyone seems to have such strong opinions. Politics is a dangerous topic at the best of times... but right now it seems like it's too easy to offend or upset friends/family. I guess I know why voting is so confidential! Only a bit longer and then we'll just have to see what happens.

Tomorrow is going to be one heck of a day... I've agreed to babysit a friend and neighbour who is in a pinch. That will make it kids:3, adults:1. What have I done?? Tomorrow's painting may not be quite so detailed! I wonder if I can paint something with my head bashing into a wall... just kidding. I'm sure it'll be just fine. Hard, but fine. The big thing is, I'm happy to help this friend. She has been very generous to us and she's just really nice too... so I'm glad for the opportunity to return a favour. Here's hoping when I post tomorrow night my sanity will still be intact! Good night for now... and wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog