Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh So Close!

Ok... so we're at 2097... so very close to 2100! Here's hoping that tomorrow morning we'll be in a new century. :)

Tonight I did two paintings... our flights for the funeral have been changed so I'll be away part of tomorrow as well... and just in case I don't get a chance to paint, what with parenting, packing, and travel, I figured I'd do another one tonight. One of them, the first one I did tonight, I really quite like. I called it "Blue Bayou" and it's another leafy vine with stars. It turned out well, I think. The other one I'm not as sure about. I wanted to try a tree, but very simple. It's a bunch of parallel lines to look like branches. Then I added some leaves. It still didn't look like the image in my mind, so I tried to do something with the bark of the tree. Painted over that because it really didn't look right at all. Then I added more leaves in a more random pattern and a lighter colour. I think that was an improvement. After that I tried re-doing a bark pattern. Still not sure about it, but I think it's better than it was. So... there you go. I called it "Tiny Tree" and it's for tomorrow (I think).

Hello to the reader in Hong Kong as well... always lovely to see new countries showing up! I will say I'm a little disappointed that the views have slowed down again. I guess it's hard to maintain a high level of interest for a whole year. I guess I've been hoping more people will share the link on their facebook pages, or pass along an email to their friends who might be interested. Maybe they are? I have no real idea of how it works or how people are finding this. Facebook seems to be the number one feeder site so that is good. I've been regularly sharing the link to my page and posting when the new pictures are up. I'm thinking of doing up a poster of some kind, or some cards to hand out to people... or display in art stores... or something. Anything to spread the word really. Thanks so much to everyone who is reading and sharing! All of this support is incredible and wonderful and I appreciate it more than you know. So, thank you.

As usual, I'm in danger of rambling on late into the night, so I will be off. Probably won't get a chance to blog again until Thursday, so an update will come then. At least the number of paintings will be up to date. :) Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog