Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Start of a New Week

I really like Saturdays for a few reasons. One, my husband is home and we get to have fun as a family all day long. Two, I start a new week of paintings... and hopefully I have a good idea or two. Three, we are often quite productive.

Today was a good Saturday. We were going to go to a friend's yard sale as they are moving again. They came here from Germany about a year ago, and are now off to Sweden. I think it's sometimes hard to see the silver lining when big changes come and they're not of your choosing, but if you can find the good in the adventure then it can be very rewarding. I think they are going to make friends and have a good time there. It'll be hard at first, but they are such nice, warm, caring people I think they'll make friends anywhere life takes them. Anyway... we were going to their yard sale and so decided to hit a few others on the way. We found some great stuff for cheap and packed our car so full Chris had to walk home carrying a shelf. We did have our largest stroller in the car, so it's not like we bought an insane amount of stuff. :) I did have an unfortunate incident with our roof rack. I was putting my daughter in her car seat when I stood up and turned a bit to check on my son. Smash. My poor nose went right into the roof rack. I saw white, doubled over in tears and it took a few minutes for me to pull it together. I felt like it must be bleeding... it wasn't. It still hurts at 11pm and I did it mid-morning! Well, at least now, if I wasn't before, I'm very aware of exactly where the roof rack is! This afternoon the kids had a short nap (should have been longer, but what can you do?). Then we went to a potluck going away party for the same friends. That was quite a lot of fun... even though we didn't know many of the people there. We had to get going earlier than we would have liked as the wee girl was fading fast and tired baby is no fun in a crowded space. Both kids dropped off to sleep quite fast once they were in bed. Oh my gosh... almost forgot the toilet! This makes sense I promise. Our friend Josh brought by a toilet that he had replaced in his place so that we could use it in our bathroom. Our old toilet had a big crack/hole in the bowl. It didn't leak or anything, but it was ugly and we probably should have replaced it by now. However... So, he came by and did the switch with Chris watching his every move for pointers. It did leak a little later on, but Chris, feeling confident in his handyman abilities, did some magic and now it doesn't leak. The super nice part of this is that Josh was willing to come back and try to fix it. So nice of him!

I don't know how we got so lucky in life... but we really truly are.

So, tonight's attempt to pay it forward... I did a little water creature, kind of like a goblin/fairy thingy coming up out of the water. That's not the best description... especially since every attempt at the water was a fail. Not an epic fail, but a fail nonetheless. So, it's pretty plain in the background and I focused on trying to contour the face and hands. I like it... I called it "Trapped". It's a 5x5 canvas.

So... Chris is off to join the picket line in the morning... won't be cooking him his Father's Day breakfast... but will maybe plan a little something else for him for when he gets home. Will see what kind of mood the kids are in. :) Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, to my amazing Dad, and to all the dads out there in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog