Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Love the Rain

No, really, I do. I like the way it smells, I like the sound of it at night on the windows, I have a fond memory of chatting with Chris in a van and suddenly stopping just to listen to the rain, and I especially love that you do not have to shovel it. Now, with that said... 51 out of the last 57 days is a little too much rain, even for me.

Tonight's painting is a 5x5 stretched canvas called "Raindrop". It's black and white (and gray) and is sort of like the concentric circles you'd see from a raindrop hitting a puddle or a body of water. I am really quite pleased with it and I hope you all will be too.

Other updates: Chris is feeling better today too... and probably would go to work tomorrow if the company would let him. Ugh. Conflict of interest: The government crafting back-to-work legislation for a crown corporation. Somehow I don't see impartiality or fairness working in here. Here's hoping. My suggestion, fine, legislate back-to-work action... but in the form of ending the lockout and the strikes, reinstating benefits (ex. sick days) so that no one else goes through what Chris did, continuing negotiations between CPC and CUPW until at least the end of the month, and if no agreement can be reached, sending the negotiations to a truly impartial arbitrator. That... I think, would be fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog