Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Today is my little girl's first birthday! Part of me cannot believe a whole year has gone by, and another part only dimly remembers the early days of her life. I think I'll chalk that up to exhaustion! I spent a bit of time today looking through old pictures and all day I was checking the clock and thinking about where I was and what we were doing at that time last year. It's just amazing how much of an impact a teeny tiny little human can make. I'm so full of love for my family and I really do believe I'm one of the most lucky people on Earth.

Tonight I continued with my planets and painted "Venus". It's another 8x10 and is supposed to make you think of clouds and gasses swirling about. Well, that's what I was going for anyway. :)

It's too bad that the pictures don't quite capture the paintings as well as I'd like. It's pretty hard to get a good shot... so, apologies for the less than stellar camera work. If you could see them in person you'd probably like some better... or maybe not... art is so subjective. Anyway... I know I like some paintings a whole lot more when I'm not looking at them through a lens so I figure I'm probably not alone.

This time last  year I think I was probably feeding an infant... probably a rather unhappy one. She did just get evicted from her swimming pool after all. She's a beautiful, wonderful, very loved little girl. And she's One!

Have a great evening... and if you have kids of any age, love them more than all the stars in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog