Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

Much Better Monday

Aaaah... no distressing phone calls, no trips to the ER, no neighbours/friends to inconvenience (though the ones I asked for help last week are amazing and wonderful)... what an improvement over last week!

Instead, today, we went for a walk, had lunch, kids had good naps, I went shopping for some car toys (didn't find anything), had a playdate with the Hohns, had veggie chili for supper, put the kids to bed (my son took awhile mind you) then dyed my hair "light auburn", wrote my father-in-law an email, tidied the daylights out of my room, painted tonight's painting and got some inroads done on the wedding themed series, and basically had a pretty good day. Sure, there's lots more I could have done, and probably should have done... but there are only 24 hours in a day, and only half an hour left to this one. So.

Tonight's painting has a mixture of blues for the background. I used a hefty amount of paint and a knife to sort of smooth it all out and then create some interesting layers. Then I spattered sandstone, green, white, and a lighter blue over all of it. Chris said the background reminded him of a pond. I was thinking of a sky or a puddle... and the spatter is supposed to be rain... either falling or landing depending on your perspective. Maybe that's a glass half full/empty debate. :) I haven't named it yet... it was getting late and I couldn't think of anything. I will though. You know, before Friday. I haven't had any suggestions yet for last week's painting that is untitled. Hoping to get some in. :)

OH.... and before I forget... Malaysia is now on the map! That was a very pleasant surprise. So, hello out there! Thanks to everyone for reading. :) Have a great night and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog