Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Clean Up vs Riots

Something good to say about the people of Vancouver who did not behave atrociously after the Stanley Cup game. Congratulations to Boston... I didn't watch the game, not a hockey fan per se, but the decent thing to do is to congratulate a winner and not be a sore loser. So... I'm sure you guys played well. I know my neighbour is a fan... we've been looking at Bruins stuff in his windows for awhile now. :) Anyway here's the Positive News Story. 

Tonight's painting is for my sister-in-law Alexis who has been a great supporter throughout this project... and life in general really! She's a new mom this year as well so every now and then we get to have a good long chat about our kiddies. :) Anyway, it was her birthday on Monday (the day Chris went to the hospital) and I totally forgot about my intention to (finally) paint some butterflies. This is inexcusable. ;) Now... keep in mind, I am not good at butterflies. Not even a little! I did my best though... I did an orange/yellow background and some cutaway butterflies that I then painted in the cut parts with black. I liked it better in my head... but it's ok on canvas too. I think. I hope she likes it... and if not I will keep trying over the year to paint some decent butterflies. I just don't do symmetry very well! Anyway... happy birthday Alexis!

In other, general news, we had a lovely playdate this morning with some good friends who are unfortunately moving soon. Our loss, Sweden's gain. Maybe someday we can visit. Who wouldn't want to go to the birthplace of Pippi Longstocking and IKEA? I'd like to check out some Northern Lights as well. :) And later this evening I finally got my hair cut. I did it quite short three months ago and haven't cut it since... so overdue. Going to a wedding so I figured I'd better attempt to be presentable! So, all in all, a pretty good day. The family is still sick, but in good spirits. I don't know where I get my immunity from (knock on wood) but I'm grateful for it! Have a great night everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I have never met a butterfly I didn't like. And, for the record, my all time favorite butterfly picture is a photo my dad took of a butterfly with a bite missing from a wing. Most definitely not symmetrical. Sometime life is just more beautiful when it isn't perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing the painting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog