Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oops... Poor Planning!

Well, I did not do a planet painting today because I ran out of 8x10 canvasses! I had thought to do all eight on 8x10s for uniformity. I guess I'll have to go shopping tomorrow! (oh darn) :)

I didn't have any great ideas tonight, sadly... it was a long day and by the time I got started I really just didn't know what to paint. It was a night where I started with a colour and just sort of went with whatever popped into my head. I ended up with two 5x7 boards... both with a blue background. Tonight's painting I called "Carnival" although it also made me think of Aztec sort of designs... that is probably not even remotely accurate, but I was watching a movie that had a bunch of scenes in Central Mexico. Anyway... I also did a painting with daisies... but I really don't like it so far. I think if I add to it and try some more stuff tomorrow I might change my mind. It's one of the ones for when we're away... so I don't feel bad about not finishing it yet.

I'm not sure if I'm running out of ideas, or if I'm just starting too late in the day... but I haven't been overly happy about how some of these paintings are turning out. I think I need a spark of something... I'm not sure. It could just be because the family is under the weather and it's a little stressful thinking of all the tasks and changes that are coming up. I'm sure to many our worries are small and petty... but it's hard to feel that way when you're in the middle of the worry. Later, yes, they don't seem quite so monumental. That lovely hindsight again! Anyway... here's hoping tomorrow brings some fresh ideas... and new canvasses! Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog