Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Series Idea

I'm going to try to do a planet series. I started with tonight's painting which I called "Jupiter". It's an 8x10 stretched canvas and I think it reminds me of the colours of Jupiter. It's not a sphere... just sort of a sample of it. Oh, it's so hard to try to explain what these paintings look like. I know you'll see it tomorrow so I'm not to stressed about it. Hopefully you agree with me, but if not you can always enjoy it for whatever it makes you think of. Chris said it made him think of sunsets, or fruit, or something warm and tropical. When I said Jupiter he was with me on that one too... so at least I'm not way out on left field or anything.

Why do they call it that anyway? Way out on left field? Hmm... I'm sure there's a reason. I had another one of those weird thoughts this afternoon and I've gone and forgotten what it was. You know the kind... the ones that are completely random, hit you and make you go "hmmm... why is that?" and then later you sit and try to remember what it was and why it seemed so amusing/interesting/profound. Well, anyway.

Just a short post tonight... ironically, I finished my painting this afternoon and I'm somehow still awake and blogging at 11pm. Sigh. I think I need a keeper or something. Someone to make me go to bed on time! Ah well... live and learn. Good night!! Oh, and don't forget that pics go up tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. "way out in left field" is a baseball reference.
    Check this out: http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/7/messages/663.html

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog