Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

3rd Rock From The Sun

I probably shouldn't admit this... as it makes me look a bit clueless... but it was a fair bit of time before I figured out the joke of the reference on the tv show. Yup... Earth is the third planet from the sun. Hoo boy.

Earth is also the title and subject of tonight's painting... although I think I have to agree with Chris that my Neptune painting was a bit more Earth like... ah well... Tonight's started well, and then ended up more green than blue (obviously not a good comparison with our lovely planet). Then I started to cut away some of the green/white to show the blue underneath. Since I've done more of a macro approach to the other planets I figured this could represent a land mass that happened to have lots of water/rivers on it. Why not?

Trying to get a good night's sleep tonight as every other member of my family has come down with a head cold. My poor boy just got over an ear infection and then a stomach bug, and now he has a cold? So not fair. On the other hand, life's not fair. My daughter is teething (she has two at last!) so she's not been to happy or comfy, and poor Chris is in the middle of the strike/negotiation business and so won't get paid if he takes sick time. Triple sucky. Me... well, I'm just baffled as to why I'm not sick. Guess I have that Mommy Immunity. :) Someone's got to take care of everyone, eh? Off to bed with me... have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog